Training Widget

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Urban Wildland 2011


The best thing I can say about this is that it's done. I still feel like I'm struggling a bit. It's not that I'm disappointed with my time (primary goal for the day was to cover miles and come in under two hours), but I'm frustrated with the way I felt during this run. At mile eight I really wanted to just quit. I was thoroughly soaked (yet again) with sweat, from head to toe; and I just felt damn tired. Humidity was obviously a factor, and it's not like I was really in a position to win (HA!), or PR, or any of that good stuff; but I did not anticipate feeling such mental defeat. Pretty uncommon for me on a race day. I will, however, keep on chugging. Just got to keep putting one foot in front of the other...

No comments:

Post a Comment