Training Widget

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Antsy Agitation

As expected, I have left my calm, cool, and collected zone. Just about 12 hours until we head north, and I am simply ready to get this thing done. Current weather is not helping any. Crazy rain early in the week led to cancellation of soccer and baseball games. Normally I would relish a reprieve from our crazy summer schedule, but at this point in time, down time is not my friend. Watching my kiddos play some sports would've been a welcome distraction.
I am, however, still feeling quite good about the race. Such optimism is a rarity for me, so I'm not sure what to make it. My only goal for this event is to improve on my previous marathon time. All things considered, this is a manageable goal. Plan of attack is to start out slow and steady, with a pace of about 9:30/mile. Hopefully I'll hang in that range for the first 13-16 miles, and then be able to pick up the pace a bit. Who knows, though??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment