Training Widget

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Ten More Days


Today is a good day! I wanted to be sure and write that down, because odds are I'll feel a little differently next week at this time. For now, though, I'm going to enjoy the moment.

There are 10 days left before Grandma's marathon. Training for this one has been a doozy, because, in my opinion, we essentially had zero spring in Minnesota this year. Saturday long runs were predominantly rainy, if not snowy. In fact, I don't think I could describe one single Saturday training run as pleasant.

But, we covered the miles, and the hay is in the barn, and that is a good, good thing. I am very excited to head north. I'm not sure why, but the nerves are under control at this point. Considering the fact that this will be marathon #2 and I know what's in store for me, that makes no sense. I will go with it though!

On a completely unrelated note, Chris and I took part in the Minneapolis Marathon this past Sunday. No, we most certainly did not tackle the whole thing... we were part of a relay team. Our fantabulous teammates are pictured with us above. It was FUN (and totally worthy of caps lock). Can't wait for Ragnar!


1 comment:

  1. That's awesome Anne, good luck to you guys! Sorry I haven't called, we definetely need to hook up, just been busy with the end of school and all.

    ReplyDelete