Training Widget

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mantras

#dailymission on April 08, 2011

What mantra do you repeat when you need to dig the deepest?

It varies, really. A couple I frequently go to:
  • You wanted this. You signed up for it. Remember?!?!
  • If this were easy, everyone would do it.
And, my last thought on this for today...
I honestly haven't had to dig deep since running the marathon last fall. When the time does come, though, I'm pretty sure I'm going to think back to that day. My friend Tiffany, who I ran it with, was running it for her friend, Heather, who was battling breast cancer. Heather came out to cheer, and I'm pretty sure I will never forget the exchange between them at about mile 16. Big hug, tears, the whole business. As Tiff said, 'screw it, 10 more miles is nothing.' Indeed, 10 miles is nothing, compared to the real life battles people have to fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment