Training Widget

Friday, March 19, 2010

The Journey Kinda Sorta Begins

On Wednesday, March 10, I made the last step in the long process of losing my mind and signed up for the 2010 Twin Cities Marathon. I am, in a word, terrified.

In at least some sense of the word, I'm a runner. I'm not a great runner by any stretch of the imagination, but after quitting my job five years ago to be a stay at home mom of two small children, it quickly became my primary means of maintaining my sanity... my 'me time.' However, the farthest distance I've ever run is the half-marathon. I ran my first one in Omaha, NE in September 2007. Since then, I've completed something like five other half-marathons; always thinking about taking the next step and tackling the full 26.2 miles.

Why exactly I've chosen this exact point in time to take this next step is not something I can answer easily. But, here I am. In an effort to curb my fear, I've decided to blog. I'm not officially 'in training' yet, as the big day is six + months away. But, I dropped a hundred bucks for the entry fee. I am committed. And scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment