Training Widget

Monday, August 2, 2010

Week Seven

Here's the blow by blow. Number one challenge of the week was HUMIDITY. Thankfully it lifted for Wednesday night's sprints and hills, but Monday and Tuesday's runs were rough. As one who doesn't exactly take the Minnesota winter in stride, I hate to complain about heat and humidity, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit to some misery last week.
Highlight of the week was definitely having 11/12 of our Ragnar team together on Monday evening. I am super excited for the moving event!

  • 5mi tracked
  • 00:39logged
  • 08:45pace
  • 439calories
alrightMidday sun 4.5 mi 00:39 08:45 pace

After 10 years of living here, I guess I'm getting to be a real Minnesotan. I found myself cursing the heat today.

  • 4mi tracked
  • 00:39logged
  • 09:43pace
  • 427calories
alrightMore Midday Madness 4 mi 00:39 09:43 pace

I knew this run was going to be underwhelming, but wanted to log a few miles after falling slightly short of my goal yesterday. Despite the heat and humidity, I felt pretty good for three miles. Could have covered a little more distance, but opted to call it quits after four in an attempt to save a little gas in the tank for tomorrow's sprints and hills. The frozen yogurt smoothie pops that my daughter created and named made for a nice post-run treat :)

Enjoyed meeting the Ragnar crew yesterday evening. Thanks to everyone for coming... I know the time and location created some challenges, but it was great to have almost everyone together.

  • 4mi tracked
  • 0:00logged
  • 0:00pace
  • 398calories
alrightI do not care for Wednesdays 4.16 mi

More sprints and hills. I was certainly lacking in mental toughness tonight. Though I'm seeing benefits, I am weary of this routine. Enjoyed the company and the post run frosty, though :)

  • 5mi tracked
  • 00:45logged
  • 08:59pace
  • 495calories
goodCalm before the storm 5 mi 00:45 08:59 pace

This is a scheduled step back week, so this was my 'long run.' Half marathon a week from tomorrow, then a whole new running world for me (I've never run more than 13.1 miles).
Now, to go load the car for the weekend camping excursion. Love the camping, hate the packing! Happy weekend, all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment